Aug 17,2010
with Fall 2011 update

Hog Pen Project

August 10, 2010
Siganid Harvest

August 9, 2010
70th Birthday Party

July 29, 2010
Chicken Coop

June 2, 2010
Milkfish Harvest

April 19, 2010
In Memory of James

February 25, 2010
Spider on a Stick

February 13, 2010
2nd Danggit harvest

February 11, 2010
Arrive Manila

January 24, 2010
Feast of Sto.Nino

January 8, 2010
Okeechobee Gourd

December 23,2009
Merry Christmas

November 18, 2009
First Full Harvest of Fish

September 29, 2009
First Harvest Cleaner Fish

September 25, 2009
Birthday Party

August 22, 2009
Construction Completed

May 25, 2009
Fish Pen Construction

July 4, 2008
Living in the Philippines

June 16, 2008
First Impressions

Story of Stormy
Stormy the Manatee

VIDEOS  &    Gallery

Ferry Crash

Voyage to the Philippines
Two Neat Travelog Videos

Manila in the 30's
3 Videos give Great
Historical Perspective

Transport Philippine Style
2 Videos are Fun to Watch

See Also:
Scared of the Ilaga
Climbing Mt.Apo
Inquirer-Philippine & World News
Live in the Philippines
The Rooster Crows at 4am
Philippine Photo Guide  [Samar]
Flat Rate Shipping to the Philippines
Flat Rate Money Transfers to the Philippines
EysPOD Magic
Paradise On The Gulf

Can I ask a favor of you? Please Share This Site With Others.

I created this site to provide free and relevant information for everyone about Mindanao and the Philippines so they too can discover The Beauty that is Mindanao and the Philippines

If you have a website, blog, Friendster, Myspace, Twitter, or Facebook profile, please add a link to this site -

Click above to Install latest Flash Player needed to view videos on this site


James Reports February 11, 2010                                                                            

Arrive Manila

After a long flight and a scheduled 3 hour turned into 12 hour hour layover in San Francisco I finally arrived in Manila. The weather was clear and temp in low 80's. It feels good to be warm again. After customs I went to the domestic airport and bought a ticket to Davao. The only tickets left for departure before 2pm (about a 7hour wait) were standby. And what was worse is that standby tickets were about $30 US higher than the standard ticket. So I waited. Bought the regular ticket for 2pm since there was a chance I may have to wait until then even if I had purchased stand-by. About 11am a group of adults and several teen age kids showed up for the same flight as mine. After talking for a while I found out they were a group of teachers and students from Malita, about a 2 hour drive north of Davao.They had been flown to Manila for some kind of awards cermony as they had all excelled in school and were to be honored by the Govt.

They stayed with the Yankee until I had gathered my bags in Davao , and then they carried them out to the curb for me. They would not leave me until I had met Elvi outside. They invited us to go visit their school as honored guest, then we all said goodby. Elvi and I took a cab to Digos, about a 2 hour drive south of Davao, Total cost for taxi was $25.00 US. When we got to Digos it was dark. All the lights were out in town. They are out every night for a couple of hours, until after March. No one knows if it is work on the system or something to do with the upcoming elections.

With Nikki's help, I've arranged for have a small room in a duplex just down the road from Alforque's Eatery for about a month. I am waiting for my apartment to get open. The lady in it is leaving mid March to meet her husband in Canada. I take my meals at Alforque's Eatery every day. The food is good. I will cook some when I get the new place.

It sure feels great to be back in Digos City. The weather is about 75 degrees to mid 80's every day.